Sunday, June 30, 2013

Torturing Kids with Toothpicks - Part 4


If you've been following my blog, you probably know about my adventures with toothpicks. Basically I placed a bunch of them on my classroom floor for a math problem. I only realized this morning that I never showed the final product on my blog...just on my wikispace. You can find all of that work here:

http://mrkraft.wikispaces.com/Triangle+of+Toothpicks

While I received a little bit of feedback from the twitter crowd, I'd appreciate more. Any ideas on presentation? How would you use this in your classroom? What modifications would you make? Any kind of extension ideas?

Thanks!


Incidentally, a couple of weeks ago I made a change to my Three Act page. It wasn't visually appealing (all text) and I thought I could do better. Click here for the new page.